Thank you for your interest in employment with Jackson Township. Please contact the Township HR dept. at HR@jacksontwp.org or call (614) 991-6889 for employment-related questions.
Current Employment Openings
Ongoing applications are accepted for the position of a full-time Firefighter/Paramedic. Please send your letter of intent and resume via e-mail to HR@jacksontwp.org.
To be eligible as a full-time Firefighter/Paramedic with us you must:
- Successfully pass the Jackson Township Fire Department physical agility test.
- Successfully complete a comprehensive medical physical with pension requirements, prior pension physicals will not be accepted.
- Successfully complete our EMS evaluation.
- Successfully complete a comprehensive background investigation.
- Successfully pass drug screening.
- Have a current and valid: Ohio driver’s license, Ohio Firefighter II Certification and Ohio Paramedic Certification.
Search other job opportunities in Franklin County at franklincountyohio.gov/information/employment.
Jackson Township Employment Application
Guide to fire science degree programs in Ohio
Columbus State Community College EMS/Fire Science Program
OhioHealth paramedic program
Ohio Fire Marshal (Ohio Fire Academy)
Ohio EMS and Fire certifications overview
University of Cincinnati Fire Science Program
Apply for firefighter reciprocity from military or another state
Jackson Township employee handbook