Frequently asked questions

Service department contact information: (614) 875-2742 or

I want to have my front yard ditch repaired or install tile.
The township may be able to install drainage tile purchased by the property owner depending on existing conditions. The township’s standard for yard tile/ditch pipe is 12” N-12 polyethylene pipe. Each property must be reviewed and approved by the township administrator.

Driveway Yard Pipe Requirements and Form

A streetlight is out or not working properly.
The township leases more than 100 streetlights from American Electric Power on various roads throughout the community. Report any lights not working directly to AEP through its online reporting form at

The pipe under my driveway is broken.
The township may be able to install a new pipe under your driveway. The township’s standard for driveway pipe is 12” concrete pipe, and all materials are purchased by the property owner. Call the service department at (614) 875-2742 to schedule an inspection.

The catch-basin next to the road is overflowing.
The basin may be plugged, or the drainage pipes broken. Call the service department at (614) 875-2742 to inspect and repair the problem.

There is a dead animal on the road.
The township’s road crew will remove dead animals along township roadways: (614) 875-2742. The Ohio Department of Transportation’s Grove City outpost staff is responsible for removal of animals on state highways in the township including State Routes 104 and 665 or U.S. Route 62: (614) 387-2320. Residents should call the Franklin County Engineer’s Office west maintenance facility staff at (614) 525-6780 from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or (614) 525-3072 during non-business hours for removal of dead animals on county roads in the township.

When and how do you spray for mosquitoes?
Jackson Township contracts with Franklin County Public Health for its mosquito management services. Call (614) 525-BITE/2483, or complete an online form at to report mosquito problems in your area of the township. Green door hangers will be left to summarize what actions field staff took in response to requests.

Township residents may sign up to receive e-mail notifications for spraying and link to a do-not-spray request form at Go to for more information or to see the planned spray map.

Where can I get a reflective address marker?
The township administration office sells high-visibility, 18-inch by six-inch address signs for $5.25 each. Precut, reflective address numbers are 22 cents each. One sign and eight numbers may be purchased for $7. Contact the township office at (614) 875-2742 or e-mail

My mailbox was hit by a snowplow.
The force of snow coming off the road when plowed occasionally may damage mailboxes. The township will make efforts to promptly replace mailboxes with standard posts and boxes if a township crew damages them. Note: A county, state or city crew may have damaged your mailbox depending on your address. Contact the township’s service department at (614) 875-2742 if your mailbox is damaged during a snow event.

Is leaf pickup available?
The Jackson Township Service Department crew offers leaf pick up services when leaves begin to fall in October or November through December (estimated). Exact schedules depend on weather conditions and when leaves begin to drop. Residents are asked to rake leaves to the edge of the road, preferably on the berm, being careful not to block storm water drainage inlets. Branches are not accepted.

Residential subdivisions covered by Jackson Township include Anglebrook, Briarwood Hills, Casa Farms, Deer Trail Estates, Emersonia, Geyerwood, Grubb Farms, Lynnbrook, Mayfair Park, Robin Estates, Rocky Creek and Southern Grove.